Whether you’re looking for a new job, hiring a new employee, or keeping up with current industry news, LinkedIn is a great place to be.
Most people have heard of LinkedIn, the world’s largest professional network, but how much do you truly know about it? And why should you be on it?
Aside from professional networking, LinkedIn has evolved into a valuable content source. Marketers today utilise social media to network with other professionals and find new content that can help them improve their own strategies.
But if you’re still undecided about whether or not to use LinkedIn as a marketing platform, these LinkedIn statistics should convince you otherwise.
As you can see, we’ve looked all over the internet and put together a complete record, with all the sources we could find, into one.
Here’s a comprehensive list of Linkedin statistics you need to know in 2022.
Fun Facts And Statistics
- Almost all Fortune 500 companies use LinkedIn. It’s the most popular social media platform for these companies.
The fact that Fortune 500 firms devote so much time to LinkedIn may pique your interest in the future. You may use LinkedIn to connect with potential consumers and prospects faster.
- A lot of people in their early 20s are on LinkedIn.
If you’re looking for the next generation of the workforce, it might be good to create an account and engage in LinkedIn to attract the best talents.
- Every month, LinkedIn has 63 million unique people who access the platform using mobile phones.
Almost half of LinkedIn users use their phones to access the site. You should, therefore, make your content on the platform easier to read on a phone or tablet. Make sure that your images and videos are also well-optimised and can be opened without having to leave the app.
- Users with profile pictures are viewed 21 times more than those without
Profile pictures are images that we choose to show to the world. Each of these images shows how we see ourselves and how we want to be seen by other people. And this is important, especially if you’re looking for a new job or business connections on LinkedIn.
- LinkedIn SlideShare has 70 million monthly users.
SlideShare is a free online presentation tool founded in 2006 and acquired by LinkedIn in 2012. The platform was initially centred on digital slideshows, hence the name. But then, it later included the capability for uploading files made in other applications to create more dynamic presentations.
- Only 3 million people use LinkedIn every week to share content. Only 1 million people have written a post on LinkedIn.
In other words, only about 1% or so of LinkedIn’s 260 million users share posts.
- Over 740 million people have signed up for the platform, and 303 million use it every month.
- Of the users, 90 million of these people are senior-level influencers, and 65 million are decision-makers.
In late 2021, the platform claims to have reached 65 million decision-makers.LinkedIn enables you to reach and engage prospects at the optimal time and place. You can quickly locate consumers by searching for them by their name, position, or organisation. Additionally, LinkedIn identifies other potential clients for you to target.
- LinkedIn is 277 per cent better than Facebook at getting people to sign up for your service.
In a recent study of over 5,000 businesses, they found that traffic from LinkedIn generated the highest visitor-to-lead conversion rate at 2.74%, almost three times higher (277%) than both Twitter (.69%) and Facebook (.77%). LinkedIn also had a better conversion rate than social media as a whole.
- Around 95 per cent of B2B content marketers use LinkedIn for organic content marketing
This makes it the best social media platform for this type of marketing, while 76 per cent of B2B content marketers use LinkedIn for paid as.
- An average person spends 17 minutes a month on LinkedIn.
People don’t really spend much time on LinkedIn, yet its conversion rates are astronomical.
Linkedin Demographics And Usage Statistics
According to a 2021 Statista study of global LinkedIn audiences by gender, men account for 56.6% of Linkedin users, while women account for 43.4%.
- The modern workforce is here. 19.2 per cent of people between the ages of 18 and 24 use LinkedIn.
Many millennials use Linkedin for their professional networking and job hunting. LinkedIn users are mainly between the ages of 25 and 34.
- Each week, 40 million people use LinkedIn to look for work.
LinkedIn hires three people every minute.
- Mobile devices account for 57% of LinkedIn’s total traffic and 80% of content engagement.
A lot of people use phones to access the site, so make sure that your LinkedIn profile is optimised for mobile use.
Content Marketing Statistics
- About 6 out of 10 people use LinkedIn to look for information about their field.
Many professionals use LinkedIn to stay up to date on the news, stay connected, and work smarter
- There are 280 billion feed updates each year.
B2B marketers use LinkedIn to establish contacts with professionals in their target market. You may generate high-quality leads for your business and expand your professional network simultaneously. Additionally, it becomes straightforward to engage them with valuable content. 82 per cent of respondents believe that LinkedIn is the most effective platform for reaching content marketing goals.
- LinkedIn is the source of more than half of all social traffic to B2B websites and blogs.
Most B2B marketers start with LinkedIn when they want to share content on a lot of different social media sites.
- Approximately 97 per cent of B2B marketers use LinkedIn as part of their digital marketing mix.
97% of B2B marketers use LinkedIn to help them with their content marketing. In comparison to Twitter (87%), Facebook (86%), YouTube (60%), and Instagram (60%).
- LinkedIn likes long-form content that has more than 1,900 words.
The longer your LinkedIn posts are, the better the outcomes. Posts with a word count of 1900–2000 words scored better and received a higher level of interaction.
- More people are more likely to read LinkedIn posts with images.
Humans are naturally visual creatures and would prefer posts with images. The ideal number of images is 8.
- LinkedIn users are 20 times more likely to re-share a video post.
They found that 63% of video marketers planned to include LinkedIn in their 2021 video marketing strategy.
Work With Us
With this blog, we hope that we have helped you think of better ways to market your business on LinkedIn.
It isn’t always easy to manage your social media brand. The same is true for LinkedIn marketing. It can be hard to get great results if you’re not used to the platform yet.
Collaborate with a well-known LinkedIn marketing company like BoomNow. We can help you grow your social media following and get more leads through powerful LinkedIn marketing campaigns.
Reach out to us today!